The Birkin

The Birkin
The finished article

Friday, October 3, 2008

Final fitting, and Fabcar

The car is around at Frank's at the moment, getting the buzzer fitted for the indicator and the immobiliser done. Then I have to raise it up a little, do a wheel alignment, and put the VIN number on, and it can go over the pits. Planning on doing that sometime this coming week.

In addition, I've signed up to the somewhat camply named Fabcar 1-Day rally, organised by the same team that does the Classic Challenge and other events around Perth. For me, this will be a learning experience, as whilst I know what the car is like at low speeds, or high speeds in straight lines, I haven't yet had a chance to throw it at a corner to see what happens. So that's what I'll be using the day for.

The idea is that it's 16 different circuits including motorkhana, drag racing, street circuits etc, all done in quick succession around Perth. So you get all sorts of types of driving in, under all sorts of conditions. There will be around 6 Birkins along including several people new to this sort of thing, so we can all laugh at each other. Frank's should also be on the road, all tricked up, so it will be great to see that running again. Let's hope he avoids all walls this time.

The link for the event can be found here: http://www.classicrally.com.au/1-Day%20Rally.htm I'm going to do the rounds with my Dad, which should be fun. I'll have to see how badly I can scare him ;-)

No comments: