The Birkin

The Birkin
The finished article

Friday, September 12, 2008

Paperwork

Today I went in and paid for my exemption on my seatbelts. Apparently, the vehicle liensing division have an aversion to four-point harnesses as unsafe and un-usable, but if you give 'em $50 they're happy.

I'd also have had to get an exemption for the side-exit exhaust, except that it's OK apparently to have it on the drivers side. So the Zetec guys need to pay another $50 for an exemption for the exhaust, but I don't because it's gassing the driver not the passenger. Go figure.

Anyway, the guy at licensing says there's nothing holding up the paperwork, so I should have it in a few days. Then it's over the pits.

I've taken the car out for a few more short runs, and nothing has fallen off. However, it's idling at 2000rpm again, and running lean, which speaks of more air leaks in the induction. So that will probably come off again this weekend.

No comments: