The Birkin

The Birkin
The finished article

Friday, October 17, 2008

She ain't heavy.....

Weighed the car today - came in at 568kg with 30ltr of fuel in the tank. So really not a lot at all.

Weight distribution was, strangely enough, almost perfect. As expected, the left front tyre was a little light on - it was locking up under heavy breaking, so I've turned the right rear shock to put more weight on the wheel - that should help. Probably only a matter of a few kilos to shift to make a difference.

I'll redo the corner weights with my Dad in the car, although I think we'll balance each other out quite nicely.

I've also bought my helmet - it's a Sparco Formula helmet, with Hans harness fittings in place, so when I decide to get teh Hans device it will clip right in. It's a nice, light helmet, but pretty huge. I guess it's not about the looks, though.

No comments: