The Birkin

The Birkin
The finished article

Monday, July 21, 2008

Independent Scientific Confirmation

Well, I've taken someone else out in the Birkin for a scientific assessment of the performance in a comparitive situation vis a vie the performance. And the verdict is it's faster than most. Which is good, 'cause I was worried.

OK, so it's not exactly scientific, but it's nice to have someone tell you that, depsite the dyno report which showed the output was the same as theirs, the reality is somewhat different.

In other news - the lean cylinder is back, and is colouring up the exhaust once more, so there's some work to do looking at the injector. In addition, if you take the air filter off, you can see the spark flash actually in the intake, which isn't good.

So I had better not overdo it - running the cylinder lean means its heating up unevenly, which can lead to cracking and detonation if I'm not careful. So until this is resolved, I'll be driving more conservatively....

I did fill it up with petrol the other day, and someone was taking photos while I was paying. They either liked the car, or were sending the photos off to the police to report me under the anti-hoon laws ;-)

No comments: