The Birkin

The Birkin
The finished article

Friday, January 5, 2007

I have an engine!!!

Frank has sourced a Duratec 2.0L for me - someone has kindly written off their new Ford Focus on the east coast after a mere 7000km! His or her loss is my gain, as it's a really low mileage for a donor car, and as a second hand engine it's a far better price than new.

So now the car has the bit that makes it go forward, which is a good thing. All the bits and pieces are coming together nicely now.

Frank also mentioned that the chassis et al is on the truck tonight, and will begin it's 4000km journey from Melbourne to Perth, no doubt aided by large quantities of amphetamines for the driver (of the truck, that is).

Once when I was driving back from Adelaide (a mere 3000km) I met a truck driver about 1500km from Melbourne. When I found out where he was going, I asked him how long it would take him to get there. He'd driven for about 8 hours already, reckoned he wouldn't be sleeping until he finished the trip in about 20 hours. Madness.

Anyhow, a few large bills are on their way over the next few weeks, but at least I'll have some large lumps of metal to show for it ;-)

No comments: